Suzanne Gibbs Art September 2018 Sketchbook is ready!
Each month I fill a sketchbook and share it here on my blog. Comments, suggestions, ideas, and questions are welcome!
My sketchbooks are made for ME, and generously shared!
- Sketchbooks are my dumpling ground.
- I see something that I feel like drawing. I pick up my sketchbook and chunky Stabilo Woodies, gouache paint, or watercolor and just make the mess that needs to be expressed!
- I do not have a plan for these pages.
- Sometimes the pages are ugly.
- Sometimes the pages are notes, because the paper happens to be the most handy paper around when I need it.
- Sometimes I am doodling or capturing ideas from phone calls.
- Anything goes!
- I do not rip pages out!
- I do not work in sequential order.
- I do sometimes go back to a page and add more to it on a totally different day.
- I sometimes vandalize my own work with a thick layer of paint or collage.
- My sketchbooks are raw and unedited work that lays the groundwork for more specialized fine art work.
Suzanne Gibbs Art ©2018, video sketchbook tour.