Thanks for visiting Suzanne Gibbs Studio, Encaustic Art and Fine Art Painting.
Suzanne Gibbs is a recent graduate of Claremont Graduate University having obtained a MFA in Studio Art, Spring 2013. Final Thesis Show, Three Squares A Day was on April 1-5, 2013.
Suzanne paints medium to small sized encaustic paintings on canvas, paper, panels, and sculptural pieces. Encaustic is an ancient form of painting using molten wax and pigment which cools to a permanent finish. Suzanne also creates work in acrylic and oil paints.
Suzanne Gibbs Studio maintains an inventory of completed works. Please use the Portfolio pages to browse recently completed artwork. Please use the contact page for inquiries or to arrange a studio visit. Suzanne’s current studio is located at: 270 S. Prospect Ave, Unit A in Tustin, California. Call 707-738-5886 to arrange a studio visit.
Suzanne is the editor of: Notes On Art, a blog of interviews, influences, and in the studio–with a focus on invoking questions about and appreciating art.
Here is video of Suzanne talking about her MFA Thesis Show.
Suzanne is passionate about these things:
- Expanding community understanding through art.
- Encouraging others to paint, draw and/or create handmade.
- Material use and odd things that can be used to make art.
- Promoting art in the community.
- Art that is made in collaboration.
- New tools, techniques, and supplies.
- Seeing art shows, exhibits and documentaries.
- Reading books by and about artists.
- Actually, reading is great, when I am not painting…
If you are passionate or just curious about any of these things, please join my blog!